Borrowdale House booking terms and conditions
1 September 2008
1. The weekly price is for the whole house for up to 8 people. It is inclusive of gas, electricity, water, broadband connection (up to 1 GB usage per week), bedlinen and towels.
2. Prices published on the website are subject to change. This does not affect existing bookings.
3. The letting period is from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure, to allow for changeover between guests. We may be able to make exceptions to this by prior arrangement.
4. A full week usually starts on a Friday. We may be able to offer different start days if it fits in with other bookings – please ask.
5. Borrowdale House comfortably accommodates up to 8 people (adults or children), plus 2 infants (under 2 years of age). Total guests must not exceed that number of adults/children. We may allow more infants by prior arrangement, but we can only provide cots/highchairs for two.
6. Where available, short break prices are published on our website. If no price is shown, a short break may be possible with late availability – please contact us.
7. Short breaks normally start on a Friday for 3 nights or on a Monday for 4 nights. A different start date may be arranged if available.
8. We request a deposit of 20% of the full price to secure a booking. The remainder is payable six weeks before the start of the holiday. If the holiday begins within six weeks of the booking, the full amount is requested to secure the booking.
9. We can receive payment by cheque payable to ‘Dr Jocelyn Pye’.
10. We request a £150 damages deposit together with the balance six weeks before the start of your holiday. In normal circumstances we will return this to you in full within 14 days after the end of your holiday. For exceptional circumstances where we may need to retain some or all of this deposit to cover costs, please see points 13–15 below.
11. If you need to cancel your holiday with us, we will do our best to re-let the house. If successful, we will refund you the amount received for the new booking, minus a £20 charge for the extra work involved. If we are unable to re-let the house, we regret that we will not be able to refund you.
12. We have a range of equipment for babies or toddlers, including two travel cots with bedding, two highchairs, a stair gate, kitchen equipment and toys. All this is available free of charge. Please let us know in advance what you would like.
13. All these items are lent on the understanding that you leave them in a very clean condition – if this is not the case we will retain a fee for the extra cleaning.
What we expect from you
14. Borrowdale House is in a residential street and we ask you to keep any noise to a reasonable level, especially in the evenings.
15. We ask you to leave the house tidy and reasonably clean, and to inform us of any damage or breakages. We reserve the right to use an appropriate amount from your damages deposit to cover any repairs or exceptionally difficult cleaning required after your stay.
16. Borrowdale House is non-smoking. If you smoke in the house during your stay we reserve the rights to terminate the holiday without refund and/or deduct an amount to cover extra cleaning costs and/or compensation for the next guests from your damages deposit.
17. Pets are not allowed in any part of Borrowdale House. If you introduce animals into the house we reserve the rights to terminate the holiday without refund and/or deduct an amount to cover extra cleaning costs and/or compensation for the next guests from your damages deposit.
What you can expect from us
18. We will provide you with a clean and comfortable holiday house with all the facilities described on our website. Please let us know straight away if anything is not as expected.
Use of this website
The content, design, style and photos on this website are the possession of Jocelyn Pye and Graham Kendall. They cannot be used, except with the express written permission of Jocelyn Pye and Graham Kendall.
All the information on the website is accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication.
Contact | Terms and conditions | Access statement | Site design | | ©2007-13
Borrowdale House, Keswick - self-catering holiday cottage accommodation for up to eight people in the Lake District